Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
Song survey
04-12-2011, 11:11 AM
Song survey
Thanks for your help with the Song and Riff Survey.

To all of you who took time out to help by filling in your song and riff survey sheets I would like to say a big thank you, the response was most impressive. Two hundred and ninety nine songs and Two hundred and sixty nine riffs worked out later, (and no I didn’t learn them all off by heart!)Then a lot of data basing and typing and now the results are in.

There are a couple of different ways to interpret this information.
1. For fun, I find its always interesting to find out what music people think is worth listening to, and what they consider classic tracks. It sometimes shows us which artists have been the most influential in popular music thus far.
2. For educational purposes in songwriting and performing and theory. I will be using this information to help students understand what goes into making a popular song, or how to avoid taking a predictable path in which ever style the would like to use. Also which artists use what areas of theory to make their music.
So thanks again for all your help.

Zac[/php]

.docx  Favourite Artists in Song Survey.docx (Size: 84.61 KB / Downloads: 26)

.docx  Basic info regarding the Song Survey.docx (Size: 49.18 KB / Downloads: 9)

.docx  Song Survey - Song Choice.docx (Size: 91.78 KB / Downloads: 13)

.docx  Song Survey - What the songs were made out of.docx (Size: 75.74 KB / Downloads: 7)

.docx  Song Survey-Major Keys.docx (Size: 66.28 KB / Downloads: 8)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-12-2011, 11:13 AM
RE: Song survey
More Song Survey info!!!!!!!!!!Big Grin

.docx  Song Survey-Minor Keys.docx (Size: 65.53 KB / Downloads: 5)

.docx  Song Survey-Most popular use of a Pentatonic linked to two Major keys.docx (Size: 63.16 KB / Downloads: 6)
04-12-2011, 11:19 AM
RE: Riff survey
Here's the Riff info......Dodgy

.docx  Riff Survey-Basic Info regarding the Riff survey.docx (Size: 56.71 KB / Downloads: 6)

.docx  Riff Survey-Most Popular Choice of Mode.docx (Size: 64.3 KB / Downloads: 6)

.docx  Riff Survey-Most Popular Major Keys For Riffs.docx (Size: 65.85 KB / Downloads: 6)

.docx  Riff Survey-Most popular minor keys in riff survey.docx (Size: 61.38 KB / Downloads: 6)

.docx  Riff Survey-Most Popular Riffs.docx (Size: 83.12 KB / Downloads: 8)
04-12-2011, 11:23 AM
RE: Riff Survey
And yet more...Rolleyes

.docx  Riff Survey-Popular Artists in Riff Survey .docx (Size: 82.78 KB / Downloads: 6)

.docx  Riff Survey-What riff choices were made from..docx (Size: 58.22 KB / Downloads: 8)